Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate interests as a business.
We will only collect and use the personal data of anyone who visits this website https://www.browningenvironmental.com(“Our Site”) in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with your rights under the law and our obligations.
Information About Us
This website is owned and operated by Browning & Associates Limited, registered in England under company number 7302972, whose registered address is The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3TN. Our main trading address is 42 Upper Berkeley Street, London W1H 5QL, UK.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- the right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- the right of access (to what information we hold about you);
- the right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to erasure of any personal data we hold about you;
- the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- the right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you believe that you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us via any of the methods outlined below and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you.
You also have the right to complain to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (via https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113) or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you are situated outside the UK, you can also complain to your local data protection authority in the EU (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
How to Contact Us
You can contact us by writing to Operations Director, 42 Upper Berkeley Street, London W1H 5QL, calling us on + 44 20 3752 6652 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Information We Collect
We collect personal information if we have your consent at the point of collection. If we intend to further process your personal data, we will contact you to seek your consent for that new purpose.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when you visit the website, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. You may be asked for your name, email address and phone number. You may, however, choose to visit our website anonymously.
We can collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information.
Non-personal Identification Information and Web Browser Cookies
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our website via basic traffic log “cookies”. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to the website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider and other similar information. The legal basis for this is that GDPR regulations do not apply to the collection of information that does not identify people e.g. anonymised or statistical information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can learn how to manage your cookies for a range of web browsers at WikiHow. (https://www.wikihow.com/View-Cookies)
How We Use Collected Information Including Storage and Sharing
We may use your data collected via our website for the following purposes:
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide will only be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related news or service information, etc. Our lawful basis for processing data in this way is your opted-in consent, via the email link we send you when you choose to subscribe. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may do so by contacting us or selecting the ‘Unsubscribe from this list’ option contained in the email.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Our lawful basis for processing data in this way is that it is necessary in the legitimate interests of administering and protecting our business and our website.
- To collect expressions of interest during recruitment drives. These would include, but not be limited to, name and job title; contact information including email addresses; curriculum vitae, education, employment history and other relevant information you may provide to us.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information or personal data to others.
We collect and use your personal data via our website for no longer than is necessary with regards to the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Your personal data which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom and the United States. Your personal data may also be transferred by us to our offices in the European Economic Area (EAA) and/or to third parties which may be situated outside of the EAA for processing proposes, which include:
- to enable us to fulfil our contract with you and provide services to you;
- if we have a legal obligation to do so; and
- to facilitate the operation of our business(es) where it is in our legitimate interest to do so and within the scope of your rights.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Links to Other Sites
This Policy was last updated on 22 May 2018