Browning Environmental Communications (BEC) is seeking a VP Communications to manage its D.C. office, including overseeing accounts run from there, and supporting business development.
Responsibilities and Scope
- US new business development: agency proposals, negotiation, and securing business.
- Project managing retained or project-based strategic communications assignments, including research, strategy, branding, messaging, content, and outreach across all media, with a US or international focus.
- Coordinating with senior representatives of clients day-to-day and processing their changing needs
- Managing delivery of work from often remote team members to the highest quality
- Hiring and developing junior talent
- Contributing to agency knowledge management systems
- Leading development of US marketing materials
- 6+ years’ experience of strategic communications agency-side on the topics of climate, clean energy, sustainable food, or nature at the national or international levels, encompassing private, voluntary and public sectors
- Strong technical understanding of climate policy issues
- An inspiring leader, prepared to take responsibility for a small but growing DC office
- Strong organizational and project management skills essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communications in English
- Great references.
BEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive + bonus + commissions + healthcare + pension
Start date: ASAP, in Washington, D.C.