Vice President, Communications : NYC or DC
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- US new business development: network development, lead generation, agency proposals, negotiation, and securing business.
- Project managing retained or project-based strategic communications assignments, including research, strategy, branding, messaging, content, and outreach across all media, with a US or international focus.
- Coordinating with senior representatives of clients day-to-day and processing their changing needs
- Conducting research of sometimes detailed, policy-oriented issues and political/stakeholder environments in the US
- Designing and developing messaging for expert and consumer audiences in the US to be used across multiple media – from social media to high-level policy reports
- Managing delivery of work from often remote team members to the highest quality
- Hiring and developing junior talent
- Contributing to agency knowledge management systems
- Developing marketing materials and managing social media accounts.
- 7+ years’ experience of strategic communications agency-side on the topics of climate, clean energy, sustainable food, or nature at the national level
- Outstanding written and verbal communications in English
- Strong organizational and project management skills essential
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience of managing a small team, and developing juniors
- Great references.